Girls Varsity Tennis
The schedule on our main website doesn't seem to be working right now. You can click on the link on our schedule and even filter to the schedule to show only girls' tennis (filter is located on the right side of the website). But I have also created a PDF of the schedule and posted here and on the team files section of the website.
Tennis tryouts will be from 2:30-4:30 tomorrow. This will be the final day of tryouts. If you make the team, we will be having a practice on Saturday at 3:00pm. Thank you and see you tomorrow!
For today's tryout on 4/15, we will only be there from right after school to about 5:15pm (at that time I will leave to go coach the Freedom Volleyball Region Finals). Get there as early as 4:03pm if you are able, but if you can't make it until 4:30, that is okay too.
We will have one more short day of tryouts tomorrow, 4/16, and decisions will be made on that day. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding this week as I am trying to coach two sports at the same time.
There will be no tryouts on Wednesday, 4/14. We will still hold tryouts, today, 4/13 right after school, but the next tryout day will be Thursday, 4/15 at 4:30. Also, please note below that Thursday's tryout end time is "to be announced." I will update you as soon as I know. Thank you.
Monday, 4/12: Day 1 (2:00-4:00pm)
Tuesday, 4/13: Day 2 (4:30-6:00pm)
Wednesday, 4/14: CANCELED
Thursday, 4/15: Day 3 (4:30-TBA)
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR DAY 1 OF TRYOUTS (4/12/2021)
Tryouts will begin at 2:00pm instead of 3:00pm. We will end around 4:00pm. We will still be at the Freedom tennis courts. Make sure to bring at least 32 ounces of water, a cloth face covering (gaiters are not allowed), and any equipment you need. You will not be allowed inside the building during tryouts. There will be limited access to bathrooms.
If you have been getting the ATS emails, please fill it out on Monday morning prior to arriving. You will be able to fill it out there if needed. Let me know if you are having trouble filling out the ATS email. You should start receiving those emails about 48 hours after you have registered online.
Have a great weekend and see you on Monday at 2:00pm!
What: Girls' Varsity Tennis Tryouts
When: 4/12 - 2:00-4:00
4/13 - 4:30-6:00
4/14 - 4:30-6:15
Where: Tennis Courts (no rain) and Cafeteria (raining)
How do I sign up?: Make sure to complete your registration here (if you already registered for another sport, you don't have to do it again, just update your account to add girls tennis to the list). Download a VHSL physical form here (have your doctor fill out and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the main office, if you already turned one in for another sport, you don't need to do it again).
What do I need for tryouts?:
- Tennis racquet
- Mask (cloth face covering)
- at least 32 ounces of water
- hat/sunglasses (optional)
- sunscreen (recommended)
- Personal hand sanitizer (optional)
Any questions? Please email Coach Davis at email@example.com
The FEABC needs volunteers to help with DELIVERING MULCH this Friday, March 19th and Saturday, March 20th, 2021.
VOLUNTEER LINK https://signup.com/go/ujNDJNY
· We will not be utilizing any athletes under 18 years old to deliver mulch this year.
· However, families can volunteer and work together delivering mulch. This means that athletes can help as long as they are working with their families and not riding with other athletes from different families.
· If you / your family can volunteer – Please go to the Sign-Up Link: https://signup.com/go/ujNDJNY
· We really could use your Time, Trucks and Muscles to deliver Mulch.
· We are asking volunteers to follow the trucks in their individual vehicles and help deliver mulch. Limiting to 5 people per delivery.
· If you have a truck or trailer- please consider donating some time to deliver mulch.
· BOTTOM LINE – If you can Volunteer for an hour or help with only one delivery, we will take the help!! Make it part of your daily exercise on the 19th and 20th!!! Volunteers can come as they please to help out and deliver when able. Use the Sign-up Link or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate anytime you can provide. Make it a Family Exercise Outing for the day!
Parents and Freedom High School Athletes!
The Freedom High School Athletic Boosters Club is sponsoring the 1st Annual Thanksgiving Virtual Eagle Trot 5K to support Teenage Wellness.
The proceeds of the Eagle Trot 5K will go to funding the new Athletic Weight Room, which will be used by athletes for decades, and the Ryan Bartel Foundation. The Ryan Bartel Foundation’s mission is to prevent youth suicide through awareness, upstream educational programs and activities that support and empower youth, families and the community at-large through acceptance, connection, resiliency and hope.
This is a great opportunity to get the whole extended family involved in starting out Thanksgiving with a healthy Run, Trot or Walk. Participation is totally optional!! Receive a T-Shirt for participating.
Copy and Paste the Link Below
Click on the following link to view an informational flyer:
Go Freedom Eagles!